PRINCE2 (Projects IN Controlled Environments) is a structured project management method which segregates the management features of project work from the specialist contributions, such as design and construction.
The PRINCE2 project management methodology is the de-facto standard for project management in the UK and is practiced worldwide. It covers the management, control and organisation of a project.
Our 2-day PRINCE2 Practitioner training (based on PRINCE2: 2009) builds on the knowledge that participants have gained in the PRINCE2 Foundation course, and teaches about applying and adapting PRINCE2 for the valuable use of the PRINCE2 Project Management methodology in projects.
- 2 days hands on training by an experienced trainer
- Course material for students
- Training includes case studies, Real-World Examples including tips and tricks to clear the Examination
- Comprehensive training material covering concepts from all core reference books
- 16 hours or PDU participation certificate
By completing this course, participants will lean:
• The principles of the PRINCE2 Project Management method
• How to start, control, and close projects
• How to manage quality
• How to manage risk
• How to deliver projects on time, within budget, and to the specified business case
• How to tailor PRINCE2 to different project environments
A qualification in PRINCE2 will not only boost your skills and confidence when managing projects but will greatly improve your employment prospects. The majority of people that consider PRINCE2 as a qualification do so for career and personal development reasons. Often this is driven by a change of job or career, where you notice that to get to the top of the CV pile, you need to have an extra qualification like PRINCE2 (even if you have been managing Projects successfully for many years without it).
The PRINCE2 training often proves instrumental in facilitating the successful adoption and implementation of the PRINCE2 method into an organisation. By training employees to the required qualification level an Organisation ensure a consistent approach, common language and a clear understanding of the defined processes, controls, roles and responsibilities required to help facilitate successful projects.
The PRINCE2 Practitioner exam is based on the 2009 edition of Managing Successful Projects with PRINCE2.
The exam has been designed to measure whether you could apply PRINCE2 to the running and managing of a non-complex project within an environment supporting PRINCE2. To this end you need to exhibit the competence required for the Foundation qualification, and show that you can apply and tailor PRINCE2 to address the needs and problems of a given project scenario.
The exam format is as follows:
- Objective testing
- 8 questions - 10 question items per question, each worth one mark
- 44 marks or more required to pass (out of 80 available) - 55%
- Two-and-a-half hours (150 minutes) duration, no additional reading time
- Open book exam (official PRINCE2 manual only).